Sunday, October 12, 2014

Why Do Half-Days Seem So Long?

   This past Friday was a half-day at my school. And even though classes were only a half hour long, it seemed as if they were double to length of a normal day. I don't know what it was exactly, but it was brutal at points. The worst part of the whole day was the unplanned fire alarm that went off during third period. This resulted in our class being cut even more and I wasn't able to assign the homework all of the other classes received. Now, I am behind in my third period and I have a feeling that they are going to be very bored come Monday when they have to do the assignment in class instead of having a discussion aloud like the other classes.


   Then, once the students had gone home for the day, we teachers got to do the fun job of looking at WESTEST scores. Seeing as I had never done this before, I was very confused when trying to make sense of all the data, but surprisingly, I was able to pick up on it quickly and was able to understand what was actually going on towards the end of the day. Overall, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be, but I was ready to leave by the time 3:00 rolled around. There is another half-day on Friday this upcoming week, so I am interested to see if this one goes better.




                                                                                                      -Mr. T

No comments:

Post a Comment