Monday, September 29, 2014

Grading

   Warning: This post is going to seem like I'm complaining a little bit, but I'm not, it is just a post explaining how different teaching is from what I actually thought it was going to be like.

  
   Anyway, this past weekend, I had a lot of papers to grade. While it wasn't fun having to grade epic poems, essays, and journals for four class periods, I got it done. And what I learned from this, after hours upon hours of sitting at my kitchen table, papers spread out all over the place, is that I need to not be a procrastinator. This is something that kills me because all through my life things have come easy to me and now that I am on the other side of the learning spectrum, I need to know that I am not necessarily doing things for me anymore. Everything I do now is for the good of my students. So, when it comes to grading, I need to remember that I cannot simply put it off until a later time. I need to get it done as it comes to me. This not only gets the grades back to my students as soon as possible, but it saves me the stress of having to read over 50 essays, 50 journals with multiple entries, and numerous epic poems in one day.




                                                                                                                      -Mr. T

1 comment:

  1. My advice is to find something to do while grading or have a treat to enjoy while grading to make grading pleasurable. I listen to mad music when I do it! It's my time to rock out as well as assess.

    ReplyDelete