Sunday, November 2, 2014

Beginning Phase Two of Research

So, this upcoming week, I will beginning the second and final phase of my research. I am interested in beginning this part of my research because I am excited to see how the students react to verbal feedback instead of the written feedback I provided last time around.

Since I beginning this phase of my research, I really need to begin putting my research data together. Up to this point, I have the first drafts (with my written feedback) as well as their final drafts  of their first paper. I also have observation notes detailing how on task the students were when we were in the computer lab. At this point, I can't say that the written feedback has really done much because I haven't done the verbal feedback yet. However, I can say that the written feedback seems to have helped a lot of the students who actually took the time to make corrections. I had a surprisingly large amount of A's and B's on the essays from those who actually took my advice. So hopefully, I will be able to see a difference with the verbal feedback. And if I find there really isn't much of a difference, well, that will be something I never expected, but not necessarily a bad thing either.



                                                                                                           -Mr. T

1 comment:

  1. I'd advise writing notes that will represent your verbal feedback, or record the conversations, so you'll have some hard data to analyze. If it's doable, the latter will give you tons and tons of content to work with. The dynamics of a conversation have much potential in the realm of data analysis!

    ReplyDelete