Well, the time has finally come. This is the penultimate week of my student teaching. I am almost done. And believe it or not, it really is a bittersweet moment. I am definitely going to miss my kids and going to teach every morning. Now, don't get me wrong, I am happy I will be back to being an actual college student for one more semester, for the most part at least, but I am going to miss teaching. I never thought I would actually miss it when I began. I thought I was going to dread the entire semester, but honestly, it went by so quickly, I'm kind of taken aback by it. I really did enjoy my time at my PDS. And whether they mean it or not, the kids tell me all the time they're going to miss me and I like to believe they actually do mean it. I like to think I made a good and positive impact on them while I was there this semester and I hopefully was able to instill them with a bit of knowledge. And even if I was able to just make an impact on one student, that's all that really matters, isn't it? That we, as teachers, are making a difference. Be it in every student we have or only one, a difference has been made. That's what I strive for with my teaching and I hope I was able to at least make one difference in the lives of my students, however miniscule it may be.
-Mr. T
Good to hear you had an overall enjoyable experience! That bodes well for your future career!
ReplyDelete