I am excited to announce that within the next few weeks, I will finally be able to begin my research for my Inquiry this year. After finishing Beowulf, and after watching the movie, the class will begin writing their first paper. This will be my control paper and something I will use when doing my conferences later on. After talking with some of my critical peers, I think I have finally discovered the methods I will be using when conducting my research.
I will begin by having the students do the Beowulf comparison paper. In the process of writing this paper, I will be giving students written feedback, not having face-to-face conferences. I will then record how the written feedback either improves or worsens the students' achievement and final product. Next, when the class does the Persuasive Research paper, I will be doing one-on-one conferences with my students and after the paper, I will be able to see which form of feedback had a greater influence on the students' final paper. I will keep posting about the research as I actually begin conducting it, but for now, I just wanted to say that I am excited to finally be getting close to the beginning of my research period.
-Mr. T
No comments:
Post a Comment