Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reading Problems

   Okay, so this post isn't really going to be about observations or anything, but more of a question of sorts.


   So, in my class, I usually go down the rows and have the students read (I know, this probably isn't the best thing, but it keeps them paying attention, at least a little bit, and it saves me from having to do all of the reading.) Anyway, in one of my classes though, I have a student who flat-out refuses to read. No matter what I say, he will not read anything. At least not aloud. Although, I'm not sure if he pays attention, but he just completely refuses to read in class. So my question for this is how do I get this student to read in class? I want to know that he is paying attention and following along with the story, but everything I do is in vain. He simply will not read. And I really don't want to resort to having to give out detention for not participating, but if I can't think of any other options, and he keeps blatantly disregarding my instructions, then I may have to eventually.



                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                               -Mr. T

1 comment:

  1. He might have a reading/literacy problem. I'd try talking to him about it one-on-one. See if you can get him to open up or think of some different way for him to participate in class.

    ReplyDelete