If you can't already tell from the title of this post, this week sure was a doozie. I was teaching from my own lesson plans and the days just seemed to drag on and on and on...
During the week, there was a class election and an assembly so surely one would think that this would make the days a little less long, but no. Even with the distractions, something about this week just made it seem like it lasted almost two weeks instead of four days. Though my lessons went well, I still think the week just dragged on and I am hoping that this upcoming week isn't the same.
I am looking forward to beginning my research soon, though. I am going to have the students write a paper comparing Beowulf (the story) to Beowulf (the movie). This will be my control paper to see how well they do without having student/teacher conferences. I will observe their actions while writing the papers and I will record the grades. Then, when we do the next paper, I will have the conferences and see how the overall process is affected by the conferences. Hopefully, the conferences will have a positive influence of the writing process and their grades as a whole. But we will have to see when the time comes.
-Mr. T
Instead of comparing direct feedback with no feedback, I'd suggest studying two different styles of feedback. Then, you might be able to discover which styles students prefer, as well as which styles work best. Loved the wallpaper, by the way. Literally LOL-ed!
ReplyDelete